Please find more information on the cookies here
Bank cards: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express, Union Pay;
Vouchers: Edenred Ticket Culture & Sport vouchers, Posta Paletta vouchers, Kultúra Erzsébet-voucher.
Electronic vouchers: OTP CAFETERIA Card, Kultúra Erzsébet PLUS Card,
OTP and MBK SZÉP-Card (Széchenyi Recreational Card ) – Please note that only the “Leisure Services” part of the account is eligible for the purchase of tickets to the museum.
Foreign currency is not accepted.
Tickets are valid for one entry on the day indicated on it. Visitors of the temporary exhibition are welcome to visit gratis the permanent exhibitions open on that day.
The permanent exhibitions are arranged according to a new concept: besides the treasures of Egyptian and Classical Antiquity, the history of European and Hungarian art until the end of the 18th century is displayed here.
The collection of Art after 1800 is on show in the Hungarian National Gallery as a permanent exhibition.
Exhibitions opened in 2018: Ancient Egypt (level -1), Classical Antiquity (level -1), European Art 1250-1600 (level 1), European Sculpture 1350–1800 (level 2), Art in Hungary 1600-1800 (level 3), Romanesque Hall (level 0);
The exhibitions are air-conditioned, the temperature is around 22 °C
In case you are interested in a yearly ticket with unlimited admission to the permanent exhibitions, we offer you the PATRON category of the Friends membership.
|Full price||HUF 2,800|
|Concession price – 50 %
(only for citizens of the EEA) between 6-26,0 and 62-70 years of age, one or two adults accompanying two or more family members under 18.0
– between July 29 and 7 August for the participants of the European Maccabi Games, with the Maccabi Card
– between 3-15 August for the owners of City Pass Sziget
– between 7-31 August for the visitors of Sziget Festival wearing Sziget armband
|Audio guide – for the permanent exhibitions – in English, German, Italian, Japaneese, Russian, Spanish, and in French||HUF 800|
|Video-ticket (only to the permanent exhibitions)
Photography and video is not permitted in temporary exhibitions.
ONLINE tickets: Full price and concession price tickets are available at the webshop of jegymester.hu (Our partner add an E-fee.)
FREE ADMISSON to all exhibitions (only for citizens of the European Economic Area): children under the age of 6; senior citizens over the age of 70, disabled visitors* with one attendant – teachers employed in elementary or secondary education holding international pedagogue ID, holders of ICOM and ICOMOS Card; holders of Press Card with a photo; guides leading a group of at least 10 tourists; members of the Friends of the Musuem;
(free tickets can only be obtained at the ticket desk on the day of visit by presenting a proof of entitlement)
Free admisson only to the permanent exhibitions for the holders of Budapest Card (24, 48, 72, 96, 120 hours) for one-time access;
Discounted tickets are available on site upon eligible ID, member card orspartnercard presented.
Details about concessions and prooving eligibility
10% discount to all exhibitions:
with partnership cards – Minicard; Show your Card! (for the holder +1 person);
Permanent exhibition – HUF 2,500
50% discount to all exhibitions also for organised student groups arriving from schools located within the EEA (disregarding citizenship), up to 26.0 years of age (from 15 persons extra group discount for temporary exhibitions)
Free admisson only to the permanent exhibitions
– holders of Budapest Card (24, 48, 72, 96, 120 hours) for one-time access;
– on every third Saturday of each month for visitors under 26.0 and for two adults accompanying a family member under 18.0 (only for citizens of the European Economic Area);
Free admisson to all exhibitions
– disabled visitors* with one attendant;
– teachers employed in elementary or secondary education holding international pedagogue ID (only for citizens of the European Economic Area)
– holders of ICOM and ICOMOS Card;
– holders of Press Card with a photo;
– guides leading a group of at least 10 tourists with the certification of a tourist office;
– all visitors on Hungarian National Holidays (15 March, 20 August, 23 October)
* Disabled person: who has serious impairment in his/her sensory organs, arms or legs, communication or mental/psychosocial ability, that significantly limits or prevents his/her participation in normal everyday and social life. (National Law No. XXVI / 1998 4.§ a))
TICKETS IN ADVANCE, GIFT TICKETS, EXCHANGE OF ONLINE TICKETS
TICKETS IN ADVANCE
Tickets can be purchased in advance at the museum ticket desk as well as online through Jegymester webshop, and at the Eventim network outlets throughout the country and abroad. (Partners may add extra fees.)
Advance purchase discount for temporary exhibitions is available until one day before the visit.
Tickets are valid for one day. For temporary exhibitions the opening hours are divided into one-hour slots. Visitors must select the date of their visit and a time within the slot. Visitors are entitled to enter the museum at any time within the selected time slot. Advance purchase tickets ensure direct admission to the museum, although queues at the entrance to an exhibition might occur for security reasons. Reduced rate tickets are only valid with the appropriate certificate for the discount. In the absence of such documentation you will need to purchase a supplementary ticket.
For visitors entitled to free admission, tickets are not available in advance. Free tickets can only be obtained at the time of admission by presenting valid ID for the discount at the museum ticket desk.
GIFT TICKET: Ticket for gifting (i.e. without date of visit) can also be purchased at the Ticket Desks as well as online. Please note that Gift Tickets can not be used for direct admission, they need to be validated by booking the date and time of visit. For more information please visit the Help menu of the webshop
EXCHANGE OF TICKETS – purchased online or at an Eventim outlet
If for any reason you are unable to visit the exhibition on the selected date, it is possible to modify the time of your visit. Date of visit can only be changed once, latest one day before its validity, at the place of the purchase:
– online at Jegymester’s website loging in to the buyer’s user account,
– personally at the Eventim outlet.