Rider Killing a Bull
|Date||1521–1534 (original), 1906 (cast)|
|Object type||plaster cast|
|Medium, technique||plaster cast|
230 × 104 × 113 cm
|On view||This artwork is not on display|
Michelangelo carved the Virgin and Child marble sculpture between 1521 and 1534 for the Medici Chapel of the Sagrestia Nuova in San Lorenzo, Florence. The sculpture remained unfinished, and is placed between the tomb of Lorenzo and Giuliano de’ Medici in the Medici Chapel. The Museum commissioned the plaster cast of the Medici Madonna in 1906 from Cologne from August Gerber, and the copy was exhibited in the Michelangelo Room in 1909. This plaster cast is installed in Kecskemét since 1976 at the House of Science and Technology, together with other fourteen plaster casts after Michelangelo’s statues.
This record is subject to revision due to ongoing research.